The joys and travails of e-authors Sherry (Shara) Jones and Laura Hamby as they jump computer monitors first into the pool. Holding hands and plugging their noses, of course.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Write? Or Wrong? The debate continues....



Laura Hamby Is On Vacation, which means....

Yep! All alone and in charge of our blog again. mwaaaaaaaaahahahaha! Will she ever learn?

Heh.

So. This morning, while checking out my favorite threads at Harlequin the pantster/plotter question reared it's head again.

Yanno, I really think it boils down to this: For every million writers out there, there is probably a corresponding number of different writing styles. I don't think any two books of mine have been created in exactly the same way. Sometimes the book and all its various components come to me in a practically complete package (ie, "gift books") Rare, that is.

Other books come with just a flash of an idea, sketchy character details and an only a bit of the conflict. Typical book creation for me.

Either way, the work has be written into an imperfect first draft. Then with revisions, the book begins to take it's final shape. The story lives.

In the end, it doesn't matter how you get there -- pantster style or plotter or a combination of the two. Just. Write. The. Book.

And on that note, I'd best begin.... now where'd I put the chocolate Muse lubricant?

1 comment:

Laura Hamby said...

Go on vacation? That implies I'm lying on a white sandy beach somewhere in the Tropics, with a foo-foo drink (complete with little paper umbrella) in one hand, and, in a perfect world, a hunk of non-melting dark chocolate candy in the other, along with a nearly naked hunk-a-hunk of eye candy, hovering, just waiting for me to voice my every little whim for him to fulfill. Heh.

That said, when I saw the offline IM that Sherry left me ("I 2fer blogged without you. That'll larn ya!") I zoomed right over to read the entry. Well-done, Sherry. Excellent blog.

*Insert clapping icon*...